Thursday, September 9, 2010

Something that doesn't piss me off

My father died at the end of June, and while that cathartic experience continues, something he would have enjoyed has happened lately.

I have rediscovered the joys of my insane family.  So  allow a little pride to show through, for those of you who have thought I was an orphan, let me introduce:

Dav - My oldest nephew, but more like a little brother.  We spent a couple of summers together ogling nearly naked girls at the beach while employed at Playland.  These days, Cap'n Dav is cleaning up oil spills, and soon will be tugging giant container ships around the harbor.

Nick - Our artistic and brooding musician, Nick excels in writing thoughtful and interesting things, which he is slowly turning into a career.  His music I might not listen to every day, but it is full of something that most music lacks - feeling.

Cheyne - The geek of the brood.  In the middle of a career crisis, he takes things a little too seriously, but along with Nick is a talented musician in is own right, unlike the hack his Uncle is.  Cheyne also shares a little of my crankiness, which I acquired when it rubbed off on me from Uncle Jim.

Bryanna - Don't tell her this, but she's just like her mother - only more so.  Having endured growing up with her mother, once in awhile she will say something that sends chills down my spine.  She's happy and fun most of the time,  but I would not like to piss her off, thank you.

Tristan -  Maybe the most normal of all, Tristan likes girls, beer, and beer.  Works hard, plays hard, and is going to have a great life.

So there ya have it, my rockin family - oh yeah, their mothers are pretty cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment